More talks in the program:
Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) are development practices of applying small code changes frequently. It’s well known that it becomes more and more essential to any agile-based organization.
This workshop will help you to understand the CI/CD concepts, mindset, and how to implement the practices that help to form the DevOps culture to implement CI/CD for software development.
Content & Process
We will learn more about the following topics:
• What is CI/CD and what are the concepts in order to run a proper, reliable and robust CI/CD?
• Git: Main concepts and most common commands form the command line
• Github: Open an account and get the idea behind Github and Github workflows
• Build frameworks: Maven main concepts
• Jenkins: Installation and basic administration of Jenkins server and jobs
• Jenkins pipelines: Getting to know the basic syntax and how to develop pipelines
Finally – we will connect everything together with a "Hello-world" application that runs on your laptops.
- Introduction to CI & CD
- Introduction to Git / Github
- Introduction to Maven & Jenkins
- Jenkins cont’ + setup the first CD on your laptop
Audience & Requirements
This workshop is for anyone who wants to learn about the concepts of CI/CD (developers, QA Engineers, Product / Project managers etc’).
You will have to install:
• Git SCM
• JAVA 8 (JDK / JRE 8).
• Nice to have: Tomcat installed on your Laptop